Wedding = The ceremony
- I’m going to my cousin’s wedding on October 7.
- We want to have a band at our wedding reception.
- The wedding will be at the church, and the reception will be at a restaurant.
Marriage = The relationship in general, or the institution in society
- My parents have a strong marriage. They’ve been together for 35 years.
- New York has just legalized gay marriage.
- Over 40% of marriages end in divorce.
Married = Describes the status of a person
- My sister isn’t married. She’s single.
- I’ve been married for 5 years.
Share and Enjoy