Comparative adjectives are used to compare two things.
Quantifiers show if the difference is big or small.
|Quantifiers showing a big difference||Quantifiers showing a small difference|
|a great deal||a bit
|significantly||a shade / a hair / a tad
These quantifiers can be used both to show a “more” difference and a “less” difference:
- This car is a bit more expensive than this motorcycle.
- This motorcycle is a bit less expensive than this car.
- This house is way bigger than that apartment.
- That apartment is way smaller than this house.
These quantifiers CANNOT be used with the not as _______ as structure:
- My brother is much not as old as me.
My brother is much younger than me.
- Jill is a little not as tall as Kim.
Jill is a little shorter than Kim.
Share and Enjoy