“This is the best English course I’ve ever taken! The explanations in all lessons are very clear and detailed. Besides, I got to know the mistakes that non-native English speakers commonly make. What’s more interesting is, there are writing tasks in every lesson and I could send my writing to you for correction! I love it very much! Through this, I got to know my grammatical mistakes that I’d been making for years.” – Foong, Malaysia
Do you have “the proficiency problem”?
If you’ve been studying English for a long time, then you might be experiencing what I like to call “the proficiency problem.”
The proficiency problem usually strikes when you reach the upper intermediate level.
By now, your English is reasonably good. You can communicate, understand, and be understood without much difficulty. You can use English proficiently.
So… what’s the problem?
The problem is that when you’re at this level, it’s very hard to find lessons that will really challenge you and help you get to the next level in your English.
Other people might say, “Your English is fine!”
…but you KNOW that there are still things you struggle with, such as:
- Using mixed tenses together
- More complex ideas and sentence structures
- Prepositions and other small connecting words
- Mastering more advanced details of the English language
One of the worst parts is often simply not being sure if your sentences are perfect, or if you’re actually making mistakes but nobody is correcting you because they think your English is already “good enough.”
But you don’t want your English to be “good enough.”
You want it to be GREAT.
If this describes you, then you will love the new Advanced English Grammar Course here at Espresso English.
This course will help you master the more advanced aspects of using the English language, with clear and straightforward explanations of even the most complicated topics.
And here’s what’s even more important – the lessons have a practical focus, creating opportunities for you not just to “study” or “learn” grammar, but instead to
- SEE the grammar in action
- Truly UNDERSTAND how it works
- And USE it yourself.
The goal is not to memorize rules (because that’s boring – and nobody has time to try to think about the rules when writing or speaking) but rather to internalize them so that you can produce correct sentences naturally and consistently.
In addition, during the course you can send me your writing and get personalized correction and feedback. This is one of the most valuable parts of the course, because you’ll have a native speaker to help you fix the mistakes that you might not even know you’re making!
The Advanced English Grammar Course will help you master the advanced details of the English language.
There are 45 lessons, and they are yours to keep forever – so you can study at your own pace and review them anytime in the future.
You have two options for taking this course:
- Get 45 lessons + writing tasks + feedback and correction from the teacher for $90
- Get 45 lessons (no feedback) for $45
So… do you want to take your English from “good enough” to “great”?
Don’t delay – sign up for the Advanced English Grammar Course today!
Here’s what you’ll learn in the Advanced English Grammar Course:
- Lesson 1 – Mixed Present Tenses
- Lesson 2 – Simple Past & Present Perfect
- Lesson 3 – Mixed Past Tenses
- Lesson 4 – Mixed Future Tenses (Part 1)
- Lesson 5 – Mixed Future Tenses (Part 2)
- Lesson 6 – Real Conditionals
- Lesson 7 – Unreal Conditionals
- Lesson 8 – Modal Verbs (Part 1)
- Lesson 9 – Modal Verbs (Part 2)
- Lesson 10 – Modal Verbs (Part 3)
- Lesson 11 – Transitive / Intransitive Verbs + Objects
- Lesson 12 – Infinitive vs. -ING Game Show (Part 1)
- Lesson 13 – Infinitive vs. -ING Game Show (Part 2)
- Lesson 14 – Verbs + TO or ING with a change in meaning
- Lesson 15 – Passive Voice
- Lesson 16 – Subject-Verb Agreement with Tricky Nouns
- Lesson 17 – Subject-Verb Agreement with Complex Subjects & Quantifiers
- Lesson 18 – Countable & Uncountable Nouns
- Lesson 19 – Complete Guide to Articles
- Lesson 20 – Determiners
- Lesson 21 – Possessives
- Lesson 22 – Compound Nouns
- Lesson 23 – There & It
- Lesson 24 – Reflexive & Emphatic Pronouns
- Lesson 25 – Position of Adjectives
- Lesson 26 – Gradable & Non-Gradable Adjectives
- Lesson 27 – Comparatives & Superlatives
- Lesson 28 – Other Adjective Structures
- Lesson 29 – Adjectives & Adverbs
- Lesson 30 – Position of Adverbs
- Lesson 31 – Prepositions of Position & Movement
- Lesson 32 – Prepositions of Time
- Lesson 33 – Prepositions after Verbs
- Lesson 34 – Prepositions after Nouns
- Lesson 35 – Connecting Words (Part 1)
- Lesson 36 – Connecting Words (Part 2)
- Lesson 37 – Relative Clauses
- Lesson 38 – Other ways of adding information to sentences
- Lesson 39 – Participle Phrases
- Lesson 40 – Questions (Part 1)
- Lesson 41 – Questions (Part 2)
- Lesson 42 – Reported Speech (Part 1)
- Lesson 43 – Reported Speech (Part 2)
- Lesson 44 – Inversion & Cleft Sentences
- Lesson 45 – Substitution & Elimination
How do I know if I’m advanced enough for the course?
This course is great for students who are upper-intermediate level and above… if you are intermediate, you can still join if you’re ready for a challenge!
If you meet one or more of these qualifications, the course is perfect for you:
- You’ve studied English for more than 3 years
- You’re at B2 level or above
- You’ve read the Espresso English grammar books 1 and 2, and you’d like to continue to a more advanced level
What topics am I going to learn?
Click here for an approximate outline of the lesson list. Although the specific lesson titles and their order might change a bit as I develop the lessons, this will give you an overview. I guarantee that you’ll get a very in-depth study of English grammar.
Can I see a free sample lesson?
How do the practice exercises & feedback work?
Each lesson includes two ways to practice what you’re learning:
- A quiz or worksheet to practice the specific grammar from the lesson. You can do the exercises and check your answers yourself.
- A writing task (2-3 short paragraphs) which you can send to me – I’ll evaluate and correct your text and send it back to you. This is your chance to get feedback from a native English speaker and correct any mistakes
Do I get access to all the lessons instantly?
Do I have to do the lessons daily?
Is there a time limit?
There’s no time limit – the lessons will be yours to keep forever!
This means that it’s totally fine if you don’t have time to do the lesson every day. You can save them for later and study at your own pace. Your access to the course is permanent.
How can I pay? Is it safe?
You can pay with a credit card, debit card, or PayPal (a safe system for online payments). The connection for the payment is secure; it protects your information.
Irina, from Russia:
“I liked your very clear explanations, lots of exercises for practice. It is very well structured and each lesson is not too long and not too short – just exactly what I would call a perfect lesson length.
Lots of examples in each lesson are very helpful and make it easier to understand and learn. This course helped me to meet a lack in my knowledge of grammar, find out interesting nuances in English grammar that I have never met before.
I also liked the relaxed manner in which students can turn in their homework. It is very helpful in taking lessons without hurry and studying each grammar topic thoroughly.
I just love the way you treat your students and teach, it is a great example for me, as a teacher myself, to follow. Thank you for all your hard work and your tireless enthusiasm which is communicated to your students through your kind and friendly attitude.
It’s a been a great pleasure to be your student, and hopefully one day I’ll be able to buy one of your courses again. Thank you so much for your lessons! I enjoyed them very much!”