How to take this lesson:
- Take the introductory quiz
- Watch the video explanation
- Take the practice quiz
- Try the short answer exercises
Idioms Course: Lesson 1 Introductory Quiz
Idioms Course: Lesson 1 Practice Quiz
2-3 sentences each. Try to use each idiom in your answer.
1) Describe a situation when you were “walking on eggshells”
2) Have you ever bitten off more than you could chew? What happened?
3) What are some things that are not your cup of tea?
4) Do you know someone who’s a sharp cookie? How about a tough cookie? Describe these people.
5) When was the last time you were in a pickle?