Use going to to talk about future plans and predictions.
Note: It is common to use the short form:
- I am –> I’m
- You are –> You’re
- We are –> We’re
- They are –> They’re
- He is –> He’s
- She is –> She’s
- It is –> It’s
- I’m going to visit my grandparents next weekend.
- You’re going to like the movie – it’s really funny!
- We’re going to drive across the USA during the summer.
- They’re going to get married on June 10.
- He’s going to buy a new car next week.
- She’s going to have a baby in October.
- It’s going to rain tomorrow.