Use going to to talk about future plans and predictions.
- Are you going to travel during your vacation?
Yes, I am.
- Are they going to sell their house?
No, they aren’t.
- Is he going to run the marathon next year?
Yes, he is.
- Is it going to be sunny over the weekend?
No, it isn’t.
You can add a question word at the beginning:
- What are you going to study at university next year?
- Which hat are you going to buy?
- Who is she going to vote for in the election?
- When is the next semester going to start?