- If I had to take a guess, I’d say… [she’s about 35 years old].
- It’s difficult to say, but I think… [our customers are more satisfied].
- Off the top of my head, I’d say… [the company has 500 employees].
(= what I remember/estimate, without checking the actual statistics)
- It’s about… [10 miles away].
- It’s around… [three hours long].
- I wouldn’t be surprised if… [Peter asks Jill to marry him].
- There’s a good chance… [it’ll rain tomorrow].
- I have a feeling/hunch… [the boss won’t be happy about this].
(hunch = an instinctive feeling)
- I bet… [he’ll be late].
- Your guess is as good as mine.
(= I don’t know)