- It’ll happen any day now.
- It’s right around the corner.
- …in the near future.
- It will/won’t happen in our lifetime.
(= in the next 40-50 years)
- It’s a sign/taste of things to come.
(= it indicates how things will be in the future)
- I’m counting down the days until…
(= I’m excited about the future event, I can’t wait for it to happen)
- Sooner or later… / It’s bound to happen eventually.
(= it will definitely happen sometime in the future)
- I’ll get around to it.
(= I’ll do it sometime in the future, but I don’t know exactly when)
- I’ll do it right away. / I’ll get right on it.
(= I’ll do it immediately)
- Time will tell.
(in the future, we will know if something is true/false or good/bad)
#1, #2, and #3 are used to say something will happen soon.