Don’t say: “There’s a big sell at my favorite store.”
Say: “There’s a big sale at my favorite store.”
Sale is a noun, sell is a verb (simple present) and sold is the simple past and past participle form of sell.
- I’m going to sell my car and buy a new one.
- She’s selling bottles of water at the football game.
- Yesterday I sold all of my old college textbooks on the internet.
- The bookstore is having a Christmas sale – everything is 20% off. (=20% discount)
- The sales of our new product are slowly increasing.
- This watch is normally $100, but it’s on sale for $70.