Use the past simple to talk about finished actions in the past.
Past simple questions are Did + subject + infinitive?
Past simple questions are the same for both regular and irregular verbs!
- Did Mary buy a new shirt?
No, she bought new pants. (or: No, she didn’t.)
- Did Jacob sleep late today?
Yes, he slept until 11:30 AM! (or: Yes, he did.)
- Did you speak English at the conference?
Yes, I spoke English with many people. (or: Yes, I did.)
Be careful to use the infinitive of the verb:
- Did you enjoyed your vacation?
- Did you enjoy your vacation?
- Did they went to the party?
- Did they go to the party?