Use the present simple to talk about things that you do regularly – or things that are true in general.
With many verbs, add -s to the verb with he, she, and it:
|I / You / We / They||work|
|He / She / It||works|
- I work in a bank.
- He works at the university.
- We work every day.
- My sister works in a hospital.
Special Case 1
Verbs that end in consonant + -y, we remove the -y and add -ies.
- I study English.
- Maria studies English.
Other verbs in this category: cry, fly, try.
Special Case 2
For verbs that end in -o, -sh, -s, -ss, -ch, -x, we add -es.
- They go to English class on Wednesday.
- She goes to cooking class on Saturday.
- She gos to cooking class on Saturday.
Other verbs in this category: watch, kiss, teach
Present Simple Quiz 1