ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Would you like to help ESL students around the world through creative and engaging social media posts? Espresso English is looking for someone to take our social media channels from “meh” to “marvelous” 🙂 This is a flexible, part-time position that you can do from anywhere with an internet connection!
EspressoEnglish.net teaches English as a Second Language through online blog posts, videos, e-books, and courses. More than 100,000 students are learning from Espresso English lessons and seeing great improvement in their language skills – resulting in more confidence, more job and travel opportunities, and changed lives.
Now we’d love to reach even more students through social media – and that’s where the Social Media Rockstar comes in!
In this role, you’ll create interesting daily posts for the EspressoEnglish social media channels, engage with students in the comments, and develop an evolving social media strategy for continued growth and engagement.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Creating interesting and engaging posts for the EspressoEnglish Facebook and Twitter channels (possibly adding Instagram in the future)
- Developing our social media strategy by drawing inspiration from other successful social media pages in the ESL niche and monitoring posts’ analytics to see what’s popular and working well
- Engaging with students in the comments – answering questions, giving encouragement, thanking them for commenting, etc.
This flexible part-time job is a great complement to an existing ESL teaching job.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
This job is for you if…
- you genuinely love helping ESL students through social media
- you have basic graphic design skills (ex. using a tool like Canva)
- you have a clear, friendly, and concise writing style
- you have a positive, proactive, can-do attitude
- you have current or prior ESL teaching experience
- you are looking for a flexible part-time job with regular hours
This job is NOT for you if…
- you are looking for a full-time ESL teaching position
- you dislike or don’t use much social media
- you lack effective written communication skills
- you are not responsible enough to work independently
- you are an entrepreneur trying to build your own online ESL teaching business
- you don’t have a reliable internet connection
- 10 hr/week beginning August 1, 2021.
- Seeking someone long-term, hopefully for a year or more. The first month will be a paid trial period, after which we’ll assess fit and performance.
- Flexible schedule – you can choose when in the day to work, and work remotely from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Pay starts at USD $15/hr, paid weekly.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the form below.
Part 1 asks a bit about yourself, and Part 2 contains a couple sample tasks.