This is a free sample from the e-book 600+ Confusing English Words Explained. It will help clear up your doubts about how to use English words correctly, so that you can speak and write more confidently. Click here for more information!
Wedding = The ceremony
- I’m going to my cousin’s wedding on October 7.
- We want to have a band at our wedding reception.
- The wedding will be at the church, and the reception will be at a restaurant.
Marriage = The relationship in general, or the institution in society
- My parents have a strong marriage. They’ve been together for 35 years.
- New York has just legalized gay marriage.
- Over 40% of marriages end in divorce.
Married = Describes the status of a person
- My sister isn’t married. She’s single.
- I’ve been married for 5 years.